Congregational Celebration of Shabbat
Shabbat is considered one of the most important days on the Jewish calendar, even more than Yom Kippur.
We invite you to celebrate Shabbat with us. Our congregational family comes together once a month for a festive Shabbat dinner on the second Friday of each month at 6:00 p.m. followed by a 7:00 p.m. Family Shabbat Service.
Well attended with over 100 people attending each month, we give tzedakah, say the blessing when lighting candles, making Kiddush, and reciting ha-Motzi over challah (homemade by one of our congregants.) Our tables are covered with handmade table cloths decorated by our Religious School students. And the food is amazing.
The fee is $2 per person and a dish to share that feeds 8-10 people. Want a night off from cooking, pay $10 per adult/$5 per child under 12 years/Max $25 per family and we will cook for you.
Teachers/Aides and those over 60 are free!
To RSVP for dinner, please contact Kathy at email@example.com or call the temple office at 518-374-8173. Indicate number attending, what dish you are bringing, and how you are paying.
For Tzedakah, please consider bringing something for one of our ongong projects:
- Food Drive for SICM Food Pantry: no glass please
- Support Our Troops: indiv. pkged snack foods, candy, gum, mints, & personal hygiene items
- Bethesda House: full size hygiene items, 2 gal ziplock bags, socks/underware/hats/mittens
- Pleasant Valley & Keane Elementary Schools: school supplies
- Schenectady Day Nursery: toys, books, diapers, wipes
- YWCA Women's Domestic Violence Shelter: