Book recommendations from our Librarian:
- Jewish Literacy: The Most important things to know about the Jewish Religion, it’s People, and its History by Rabbi Joseph Telushkin is an amazing collection of knowledge in a highly readable package.
- Living a Jewish Live by Anita Diamant
- On the Doorposts of Your House by Chaim Stern
- Time to Mourn, a Time to Comfort: A Guide to Jewish Bereavement
by Ron Wolfson
There two very good book series that cover all aspects of the Jewish holidays.
- The first is Celebrating the Jewish Year by Paul Steinberg. There are currently three books in the series which is divided into one each for the fall, winter, and spring holidays.
- The second series comes from Jewish Lights Publishing and is called The Art of Jewish Living, at this time the series includes volumes for Shabbat, Hanukkah, and Passover.
All of these books have family friendly activities, stories, texts, recipes and more to enhance your Shabbat and holidays, and parenting.
- The Jewish Family Fun Book
- The Modern Jewish Mom’s Guide to Shabbat
- Tastes of Jewish Tradition
- Sacred Parenting: Jewish Wisdom and Practical Guidance for Your Family’s Early Years
- Parenting Jewish Teens: A Guide for the Perplexed
- Honest Answers to Your Child’s Jewish Questions: A Rabbi’s Insights.
- Where Do People Go When They Die?, is a beautifully illustrated story that opens the door for age appropriate family discussions about what happens to us after we die.
The following books can help families plan for a meaningful Bar/Bat Mitzvah service and celebration,
- Putting God on the Guest List: How to Reclaim the Spiritual Meaning of Your Child’s Bar or Bat Mitzvah
- Mitzvah Chic: How to Host a Meaningful, Fun and Drop-Dead Gorgeous Bar and Bat Mitzvah
- The Bar and Bat Mitzvah Book: Joyful Ceremonies and Celebrations for Today’s Families
- The Guide to Jewish Interfaith Family Life you can also view their current articles at www.InterfaithFamily.com
- Mingled Roots: A Guide for Jewish Grandparents of Interfaith children
- Making a Successful Jewish Interfaith Marriage
- Jewish Holidays: A Brief Introduction for Christians
- Inside Intermarriage: A Christian Partner’s Perspective on Raising a Jewish Family
- Twice Blessed: On Being Lesbian or Gay and Jewish.