Gates College Scholarships
Congregation Gates of Heaven is pleased to inform our high school seniors, and current college students of two temple college scholarships:
- The Dr. Ralph and Edna Marwill Scholarship for students whose family has been a member of Congregation Gates of Heaven for a period of at least two years and who are able to demonstrate both need and merit.
- The Rena Weifenbach Educational Scholarship for students who are members of Congregation Gates of Heaven and who are able to demonstrate both need and merit.
The scholarships will award $1,000 each to be paid directly to a two or four-year college or university. Students graduating from high school or those currently in an undergraduate program may apply. Applications must be completed and returned by March 1, 2019. The award decision will be announced in May.
Please return your completed college scholarship applications in a sealed envelope to:
WEIFENBACH SCHOLARSHIP COMMITTEE
or MARWILL SCHOLARSHIP COMMITTEE.
c/o Congregation Gates of Heaven
852 Ashmore Avenue, Schenectady, NY 12309
These funds award scholarships for youth camp, retreats, and Israel programs:
- Balmuth Judaic Camp Scholarship: scholarships to UAHC Kutz Camp.
- Sunshine Golub Youth Enrichment: scholarships to attend local, regional, and national retreats or conclaves sponsored by the UAHC. Also for programs, in the US or Israel, at legitimate Jewish organizations.
- David Hatkoff Summer Camp Endowment: scholarships to UAHC camps.
- Sisterhood Jane Kahn Campership: scholarships for children of Sisterhood members to attend a Reform Jewish camp.
- Temple Campership: scholarships to attend Jewish summer camps.
- Passport to Israel: scholarships for summer or semester programs in Israel.
- Deadline is March 1st. Submit to the temple office.
- Applicant/parent must be a Gates member in good standing for at least 2 years.
- Applicant must be registered/graduate of Gates Religious School and/or Kolel.
- Any scholarship received must be used for the specific program it was issued. If the recipient does not attend the program, funds must be returned to Gates.
- Scholarships are issued directly to the camp or institution.
- Summer camp program must be affiliated with the Reform Movement.
- Israel summer programs are eligible for Gates Passport to Israel program.
- Israel high school or college education programs are also eligible for funding.
For questions or more information about any of these scholarships, please contact our Executive Director, Laura Ehrich at email@example.com or 518-374-8173.
If you need a scholarship for Religious/Hebrew School, this application is included with your school registration forms.